The newly launched DWP Design Fellowship is an opportunity to engage with our team over a 7-month period to support the design efforts required to bring the festival to life across various channels. The selected designer will drive the look and feel of the festival in 2020 across all print and digital touch points, and will promote their work through all of DWP's channels. Designers from underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
During your time in the fellowship, you can expect to:
- Create a fresh visual language for the festival.
- Collaborate with the DWP team to create print and digital assets for ads, social media, website features, and collateral.
- Help select, onboard, and mentor an intern who will help support all design efforts.
- Concept, create and produce an event during Design Week Portland 2020 (April 18-24) reflecting the work you’ve done with us. The format of this event is flexible (it could be a talk, a workshop, a gallery display, etc), and the DWP team will support production.
- Collaborate with the Opening Party Production lead to create a corresponding visual language for the party.
We’re looking for:
- Portland-based designer with print and digital experience
- 5-10 hours per week from November 22 - April 28
- Ability to work closely with an intern for production work
- Adherence to print deadlines a must
- Newsletter template
- Website assets
- Posters and banners
- Social media system design
- Promotional PDF deck layout
- Print and digital ads
- Video titles
- Participation in an event during DWP 2020