Our event will be a 90 min presentation with a panel of experts, which will include designers, technology developers, quality assurance, and accessibility specialists. Hands-on experience and examples of creating accessible online material is our focus. In addition to expressing why accessible design is the key element to inclusion and innovation. Our goal, that mindful designed is considered and embraced to provide access to all.
Topics that will be covered:
- How to include accessibility in design from the beginning
- Assistive technology: JAWS, NVDA, Refreshable Braille, magnification, switches
- How to create cultural shifts
- How to utilize HTML elements to provide accessibility with little extra thought
- How ARIA attributes can be applied to generic elements, if needed